Clean engine coking - with an engine flush - Here's how!
A vehicle is found in most cases. In rural areas there are often even more vehicles per family. Because the vehicles are needed every day to get to work, to go shopping or to visit friends. If the family vehicle then no longer works properly, this has unpleasant consequences.
A workshop visit can sometimes be quite expensive. A possible variant of why the driving ability of one's own vehicle could be impaired is coking. Here, the oil mist in the car settles on various areas in the engine compartment, which can cause the vehicle to start restless driving behavior to exhibit.
At the same time, the Impaired engine performance . However, you can counteract coking yourself and eliminate it with the necessary basic knowledge. That saves you a lot of money because you Avoid visiting the workshop can.
One coking is mainly found in vehicles that have a direct-injection engine. This means that efforts are being made to achieve internal exhaust gas recirculation in the vehicle.
This is intended to ensure that the limit values for the exhaust gases are reached and at the same time the efficiency of the engine is increased so that consumption can be optimized. The actual exhaust gas recirculation is about the valve overlap implemented. However, as a result, the hot exhaust gases also get into the intake tract.
Now about that crankshaft ventilation sucked in an oil mist. This does not get into the environment and should actually be burned by the engine. In most cases, however, the oil mist then settles in the intake tract. The oil is deposited and when it comes into contact with the exhaust gases, it even changes its physical state.
Now that grows Oil layer in the intake valve and in the intake duct, this greatly affects the running time of the engine. If you have an intake manifold injector, the oil is always washed away by the petrol.
In a vehicle with direct injection however, the contaminants remain and accumulate over time. This condition is then referred to as coking.
Why is engine coking dangerous?
If a motor a coking combustion failures can occur at times. There must be no error messages here, but a pressure loss can be determined.
If the Coking or char once it has started to form, there can be losses while driving. The specified horsepower number is no longer reached and the engine begins to jerk, which can be clearly noticed when driving.
What does an engine flush do against coking?
through the Engine flushing in case of coking is achieved that the oil residues caused by the oil mist have arisen can be eliminated.
That affects that too driving behavior and the performance of the engine out of.
Clean engine coking with an engine flush
Various products are required to flush the engine :
- engine flush
- motor oil
- 2 oil filters
To one to remove coking and with it all Remove oil residues that are in the oil circuit engine oil flushing must be carried out.
- Step 1 : Before flushing the engine, take a closer look at the oil filter. Most of the time you can see immediately that the oil filter is clogged and has carbon deposits. Since you want to remove the dirt from the oil circuit, a new oil filter is necessary in any case.
- Step 2 : The old oil filter is removed and the new oil filter is attached. The oil filter is then reinserted.
- Step 3 : Then the engine flushing filled. To do this, the entire contents of the can is poured into the oil filler neck. Now the oil cap is screwed on again. Now you have to let the engine idle for a period of 10 minutes.
- Step 4 : After the oil circuit has been flushed, the actual oil change must be carried out. Open the lid, take out the filter and let it drain.
- Step 5 : Now the car has to be lifted up on a ramp so that you can reach the lower part of the vehicle.
- Step 6 : The oil drain plug needs to be taken out. Be careful, because the oil is extremely hot. The oil is drained into a pan until all has been drained.
- Step 7 : Now the sealing ring on the oil filter is replaced and the oil filter is replaced again. Therefore two oil filters are necessary. The oil drain plug is also fitted with a new seal.
- Step 8 : The oil drain plug with the new sealing ring is screwed back onto the oil pan. It is properly tightened with the torque wrench. The oil drain plug is cleaned so that there really are no oil residues left. You can use brake cleaner for this.
- Step 9 : The vehicle is placed back on the ground. Before inserting the new oil filter, the sealing ring is oiled. Then the oil filter is inserted. This must also be properly tightened with the torque wrench.
- Step 10 : Only now is the new oil poured in. You fill in a certain amount of oil and then check the oil level to see if more oil is needed.
- Step 11 : The engine is started to allow the oil filter to fill with oil. The oil level is then checked again. If necessary, fill in more oil.
- half inch ratchet
- extension half inch
- different nuts
- Torque wrench with suitable adapter
The coking is one of the possible reasons why a vehicle no longer shows the desired performance. This is oil mist that settles in the interior of the engine compartment.
who one Ignoring coking can be quite expensive if a workshop visit is required because the engine stops performing.
That too Buy a replacement engine is associated with significant costs. Therefore, one should react immediately and one engine flush carry out to eliminate the coking.